For more information on our organization click here: GFDW
Here are just some of the speakers that are scheduled during the large assemblies:
Friday, June 9, 2017:
- Stacey Abrams (House Minority Leader, Georgia General Assembly) is scheduled to speak at the Welcome Reception along with Guy Cecil (Political Strategist and Chairman of Priorities USA Action and Founder of Miles Strategies). Possible addition to this event will be the City of Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.
- Randi Weingarten (President of the American Federation of Teachers) will be speaking at the Friday luncheon along with Nikema Williams, 1st Vice Chair, Democratic Party of Georgia.
- Breakout sessions to include speakers such as:
- Jeff Graham, Executive Director, Georgia Equality
- Aisha Yaqoob, Founder & Executive Director, Voter Project AND the Asian American Association
- Abby Drue, Executive Director, Ben Marion Institute for Social Justice
- Cathy Woolard, Activist, Interim Director, AID Atlanta
- Guest speaker (TBD) speaking on Healthcare
- Velda Harrison & Representative Pam Stephenson to speak on ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council)
Saturday, June 10, 2017:
- Luke Boggs (President of the GA Young Democrats), Samantha Rodgers (Recycling Director, Ozark Foothills Regional Planning) and Mary-Pat-Hector (National Youth Director for National Action Network and recent City Council Candidate) will be speaking at the Young Leadership Breakfast on Saturday morning.
- Representative Grace Meng (New York, NY and Vice Chair Democratic National Committee) will be speaking on Saturday (time TBD) along with Stephanie Stuckey-Benfield (Chief Resilience Officer, City of Atlanta)
- Jon Ossoff (is also scheduled to be a speaker at the Saturday night Gala along with Georgia State Representative Pedro Marin and others.
Sunday, June 11, 2017:
- Staci Fox, Executive Director (Planned Parenthood GA) will speak at the Sunday Farewell Breakfast